On April 9, 2013 in Rome, Italy, representatives of the JSC "Liepājas Metalurgs" as the borrower, with a participation of the Ministry of Finance and Treasury of the Republic of Latvia as the guarantor and consulting company Prudentia, met with the lending bank UniCredit S.p.A. and Italian Export Credit Agency SACE S.p.A. who insured the political risk of the Republic of Latvia (as guarantor) in this financing transaction.
It shall be admitted without prejudice and for the sake of justice that the steel industry in the European Union and the tightly related civil construction sector are in the deepest crisis. This is indisputable. The assignment of the European Parliament to the European Commission to propose a realistic plan within June this year for rescuing the industry serves as evidence.
Agenda and draft resolutions of examinable issues of shareholders meeting of the JSC Liepajas Metalurgs to be held on May 8, 2012:
1. Council’s Report of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs on performance results in the year of 2011.
2. Approval of Financial Report of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs for 2011.
3. Release from liabilities of Board and Council of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs for activities in 2011.
4. Distribution of profit of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs in 2011
5. Approval of the budget of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs for 2012.
6. Elections of the Council of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs.
7. Elections of the Auditorial Committee of the JSC Liepajas metalurgs.
8. Electing a Certified auditor.
9. Other issues.
10. Reports on activities in 2011 from all the commercial companies, in which the JSC Liepajas metalurgs has invested its own assets.
Hereby, please be informed that the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of the Joint-Stock Company "Liepājas Metalurgs" will take place on Brivibas Street 93, Liepaja on May 8, 2012 at 9.00 a.m.